Wednesday 12 June 2013


What Ho Chaps Prune here!

Well here I am in the Coco, well, nothing new about that, is there?
sipping G & T and thinking it's funny how things turn out.

Last time we met I had just arrived in Gan.

The next day we set off at dawn in that big white bird, just like before I was invited to sit in the right hand seat and admire the view and soon we were cruising along at 30,000 ft on George, we were playing four card stud and very comfortable when a voice boomed out of the radio.

"Gastruck 50, 26 heavy you' re wanting a fill up, I believe"

I'm pretty sure the lads had forgotten about this rendevous for they started dashing about,I was even asked to move. and very slowly they manovered their nozzle into the waiting hose basket.

All was going well until there was a loud "Pop" and all four engines flamed out together and we fell away to the north loosing height rapidly.

I had visions of bobbing around in a dingy in the shark-infested waters of the South Indian Sea, for weeks on end.

The Eng was ripping off panels throwing switched like a madman, as the skipper struggled to keep this flying brick airborne and on an even keel, we were just passing 5000 we heard an equally loud "Pop" and the engines sputtered back into life one by one, the beast righted herself and clawed her way back into the blue.

Ain't it exciting this flying lark!

"I say steward, we'll have another round of the same, and have one yourself, on Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment